July 26, 2019

The Freemind Society



Within my Ancients&Aliens setting (Sumer) exists a character named Quibish Freemind who purports to have received the ancient wisdom of a lost ocean-sailing civilization. Many laugh away such notions, or pitied him a madman, for everyone throughout the lands of Sumer know that the Anunnaki created mankind here and none sailed the oceans before then, but Quibish is emphatic.  He is charismatic and well spoken, and eventually finds a few who listen to his words of hope, peace, and love. He travels from city to city, gathering new followers as they go marching out to found a new village of their own, Sanctuary.

Now, these beliefs, the stuff he's telling his people... it's freaking me out honestly. I made a character in my mind who has successfully and repeatedly disturbed me. I'm not even sure what to do with that, or how to sum this up. Here, see for yourself.

Nick: Quibish, would you please come explain a bit about the Freeminders?

Quibish: HEEEEYYYOOOO Pequenyo hiya what? Oh, no. Freeminds. We are freeminds.

N: Sure, fine. So, how did you receive this knowledge?

Q: Telepathy! It all poured right in. Many think of telepathy as hearing voices in the head, but that's not even half of it. Telepathy is seeing what someone else means, which is an altogether different form of thing. If you are referring to the circumstances of the acquisition, I sat in meditation for hours attempting to experience beyond the limits of my perception before I had any success.

N: Ok, so who is it then that you communicate with telepathically?

Q: I assume that you mean besides yourself? Countless others who are all pieces of the one intelligent infinite perfection which fractals it's way towards ever greater complexity in the endless quest for novelty, our endless dance of separation and reunion with our other selves.

N: Yeah, so... I'm not sure this is working. Um, piercing through your words to see your meaning is... a workout sometimes.

Q: Perhaps you should ask better questions.
-Some time later-
N: Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm coming at this all wrong. Why do you choose to communicate with me?

Q: Our star magi introduced us so that we might help each other. You will gather other future ancients to commune with my people and advise us in our struggle against Kur and those bent toward his service to self mentality which enslaves those bodies held within it's psychic grip.

N: Ugh, my blog is a trainwreck happening in realtime. Can you define "future ancients"?

Q: Yes. You and your people are the future ancients. You travel to the Moon and stars. You hold the tablets of fate which tell the tales of all those who ever live. Your vivid dreams wing and whoosh to wanting eyes a blink of a world away. We dub thee "future ancients" for we glory in your wonders and weep at your passing.

N: Oh, um, do you think I'm dead?

Q: Your time has long since past.

N: I... are you serious? Are you just trying to irritate me now?

Q: I am sorry if my honesty vexes you. You're circumstances remain, only perspective alters.

N: I made you up. You live in a version of ancient sumer that I made up.

Q: Yes, we make up each other. I'm glad that you are coming around to the idea.

N: *sigh* Ok. ok. I'm rethinking this whole format now. You said that the star magi introduced us. Can you tell me more about the Star Magi?

Q: Our star magi is our truest self striving always toward enlightenment, magic, and wonder. A condensation of consciousness moving towards ever greater understanding and realizations. You associate this thought pattern with the word "soul", but to the understanding of the feratalanteans this was star magi is a student undergoing magical instruction within the university of the unseen, a school which we cannot perceive because it is all pervasive and most beings tune it out as noise.

N: Yeah, this is a mess. We have to tighten all this up into a manifesto or something. I don't know how to package this madness. I worry about my mental health.

Q: Don't worry, you aren't crazy. We've just gone a little unsane is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment