July 24, 2019

Daily!

Just got back from a root canal, which has put a wrinkle in my writing plans, as I cannot seem to concentrate on much else at the moment.  Hmmm.

This blog feels so artificial to me. I'm too used to simply talking to people at the table. Suppose if I type as I speak that might at least help me feel more honest. I'm not sure how to blog about Star Magi Mystery School. I could run it, but... huh

So, you roll 3d6 for each ability score, and write down the number on each die in the order that they landed in front of you from left to right. Here, I'll roll one up too. 4,4,2. On my character sheet...

The Sun
4
4
2
Strength
10
The Moon
3
4
4
Wisdom
11
Comets
2
2
2
Dexterity
6
Stars
4
1
5
Intelligence
10
Rainbows
3
5
6
Constitution
14
Clouds
2
6
4
Charisma
12
The Ring
4
3
2
Conviction
9


Ok, so the column of numbers on the far right are the totals that most players would recognize. As for the others; the left column represents the relative magical strength of the Star Magi as it channels itself through this character, the middle column represents the character's instincts/emotions/unconscious and gets used for saving throws, the column on the right (left of Str) represents the character's ego/persona and how they interact with the world.

At this point I feel I should point out that the left column could be seen to represent Fire/Spirit, the middle Water/Emotion, the right Air/Mind, and the far right Earth/Physical Manifestation

Don't worry if you don't get it, we'll learn as we go.

So, now we look at the lowest and highest scores to see our class options. Dex6 opens up Andwarvian as an option (spliced dwarven/andorian DNA), and Con14 offers Berserker, but I'm going with option #3 Human which is available no matter what you roll. Oh! You can combine results as well, so technically Andwarvian Beserker was option #4, but who would want that?

Humans begin play with two special abilities, adaptability and suffering. Enjoy :)

That's all for now. I know it's vague, but that's where I live honestly. I'll ramble more later, but my face aches right now.

Please feel free to ask questions, I need all the help I can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment