June 6, 2011

Abulafia, why do you taunt me?


Abulafia seems really cool.  It's basically a special wiki that allows anyone to create their own random generators.  I love random generators, and I have a few of my own that I'd like to add to the site.

The trouble is that I can't create an account.  Their "log in/create account" page only seems to allow the "log in" part.  The sysops seem willing to listen to questions, but rather than give an email they suggest putting questions on the discussion page... which I can't do until I log in.

I've looked and looked, but I haven't found any trapdoors or secret passages.

Does anyone know the trick to creating an account there?  I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

2 comments:

  1. When I tried using Log In/Create Account it did not allow me to create an account but it also said something about cookies. I am using Firefox with NoScript so that may be an issue. Have you tried it in IE (sorry if on a Mac or using a non Windows OS). If not you might try that and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cookies enabled on Firefox, so that shouldn't be the issue. Still, using IE is worth a try...

    Hmmm, IE didn't work either. It was a good suggestion though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete